Spring is here, and the sunshine is beckoning us all outside. Now is the time to be enjoying the great outdoors, spring weather, and quality-time with family. We’ve still got to eat, right? Here are some easy spring recipes for making tasty, enjoyable, spring-fresh dinners for your family.
1. Garlicky Lemon Baked Tilapia
Fresh from delish.com comes this recipe for Garlicky Lemon Baked Tilapia. Fresh ingredients and just three easy steps. What could be better?
- 4 Tilapia filets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Season tilapia with salt and pepper and place on a small baking sheet.
- Mix together butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and zest then pour over tilapia. Place lemon rounds on top and around the tilapia.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
2. Roast Chicken with Spring Vegetables
From the Food Network comes this delicious recipe for Roast Chicken with Spring Vegetables. If you’re in the mood for a refreshing and savory spring dish, try this easy-to-make dinner recipe!
- 3 1/2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken quarters
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fingerling or other small potatoes
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Directions: Preheat the oven to 500° F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, then place skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the chicken and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast chicken for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes and radishes in half and cut the scallions into thirds. Toss the potatoes, radishes, carrots and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken from the oven and scatter the vegetables around it. Continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is golden and cooked through about 20 more minutes. Squeeze the remaining 1/2 lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Top with the dill and season with salt.
3. Avocado Crab Boats
Here’s a wonderfully easy spring dinner recipe for scrumptious Avocado Crab Boats from Taste of Home. These little beauties can be consumed straight from the oven piping hot or served cold. Pack them on ice and take them on your next picnic.
- 5 medium ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon wedges
Directions: Preheat broiler. Place two avocado halves in a large bowl; mash lightly with a fork. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mix until well blended. Stir in crab, 3 tablespoons cilantro, chives, serrano pepper, capers, and pepper. Spoon into remaining avocado halves. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Broil 4-5 inches from heat until cheese is melted, approximately 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro; serve with lemon wedges.
4. Cheesy Artichoke Skillet Flatbread
Do you love spinach artichoke dip? Do you love pizza? Good news; we’re about to make your dinner dreams come true with this easy spring recipe for Cheesy Artichoke Skillet Flatbread from How Sweet Eats.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces or sliced
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Fresh oregano for topping
Directions: Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, basil, oregano, and garlic powder, stirring to combine. Add the water and olive oil and mix with a spoon until the dough comes together. Use your hands to finish bringing it together into a ball, then knead it a few times on a floured surface. Roll and press the dough into the size of your skillet. I use a 12-inch skillet – if you use one significantly smaller, this recipe can make 2 flatbreads.
Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the skillet with olive oil then gently and carefully place the dough into the skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil then flip it over with kitchen tongs. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the marinara sauce to the dough and spread it around evenly. Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta on top of the sauce and then cover it with the Parmigiano. Top with the artichokes and the fresh mozzarella. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, just until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and some extra grated cheese. Gently slide the flatbread from the skillet and onto a cutting board. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
There you have it; four mouthwatering easy spring dinner recipes to try out that take almost no time to prepare and are sure to become some springtime favorites. For a delicious meal in Denver when you’re out and about this spring, head on over to The Original Pancake House for some homemade dishes made with love. The Original Pancake House has two convenient locations in the Denver area for you to enjoy. You can find us at Cherry Hills or Denver Tech Center. For some good old fashioned goodness that makes breakfast at America’s finest pancake house a great idea any day of the week from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Bring some friends and family with you to experience the taste of home you won’t find anywhere else (except at your house, of course!). We look forward to welcoming you soon!