- Have a sunrise party. Bundle up the family, pack a thermos or two of hot cocoa for the kids and coffee or tea for the grownups, grab a few blankets, bundle up and head outside to watch the sunrise on a clear spring morning. It’s a great way to start a spring day!
- Plant something. Whether you start an indoor garden or plant something outdoors, putting something in dirt and watching it grow new life under your tender care is exciting, and the perfect way to welcome spring to your living space.
- Get together outdoors. Take a nature walk, visit your local park (don’t forget to take the family dog along!), and take note of the changes spring has brought to your neighborhood.
- Bring the outdoors in. While on your walk, gather signs of spring such as wildflowers and bring them home with you to add a breath of spring to your indoor décor. Yay for extra oxygen and fresher indoor air!
- Make a bonfire. Spring nights can still be a little chilly, so building a bonfire is a fun way to warm up and enjoy bonding over roasted marshmallows and hot dogs cooked on a stick. Invite the neighbors and make some new friends!
- Start something new. Have you been wanting to take an art class? Is there a book you’ve been meaning to read? How about that hobby you’ve thought about pursuing? Spring is a great time to start something new.
- Get physical. Spring is also the perfect time to get in shape for summer! Check out your local gym for specials on spin classes, dance classes, and personal training sessions. Swimsuit season follows spring, so now’s the time to get serious about getting physical.
- Go deep. Are there personal changes you’d like to make? Take a notebook and get introspective. Make a list of things you’d like to do more of, and put it on your calendar. Schedule time to meditate, dance, walk, pray, or sit and listen to music that stimulates your creativity and soothes your soul.
- Coordinate a spring scavenger hunt. This is a great activity for little ones. Make a list of some of the signs that spring has sprung, and take the kids on a scavenger hunt, looking for that evidence of rebirth and renewal.
- Splash in a rain puddle. We saved the best for last! Who doesn’t love to splash in a puddle? One of the best ways to celebrate spring is to find a recent rain puddle and go wild. Show your kids how its done, parents! You’re never too old for puddle splashing.
The first day of spring this year is March 20th, 2019—with beautiful spring weather just around the corner! Daylight savings time will be in effect in the USA, and spring break for school age and college kids is right around the corner. The spring equinox, also known as the vernal equinox, is when the sun passes over the celestial equator and continues its trek northward. The word “equinox” is Latin for “equal night”, meaning on that day there will be about 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness on both the vernal and autumnal equinox, which occurs in September.
10 Ways to Celebrate the Spring Equinox in 2019
The spring equinox has been recognized and celebrated as a time of renewal for thousands of years. Today, many families celebrate the spring equinox and the beginning of longer, warmer days with a short vacation, often times during spring break when the kids are out of school. As cold winter days and bare trees give way to vibrant spring sun and new life springing forth from the earth, many of us want to get out and enjoy the sunshine and change of seasons. Do you have plans to celebrate spring this year? If you’re looking for some fun ideas to help welcome spring to your doorstep, here are 10 possibilities for a spring celebration you might want to try this year.
When you’re hungry from your spring equinox activities, head on over to The Original Pancake House Denver for some heart (and body) warming homemade dishes made with love. The Original Pancake House Denver has two convenient locations for you to enjoy. You can find us at Cherry Hills or Denver Tech Center. For some good old fashioned goodness that makes breakfast at America’s finest pancake house a great idea any day of the week from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Bring some friends and family with you to experience the made-from-scratch taste you won’t find anywhere else and make us a family tradition you’ll enjoy during any season of the year. We look forward to welcoming you!