- To start, make sure your eggs are whipped until they are light and even a bit frothy. For a solid meal, we usually use three eggs. Choose a selection of your favorite veggies such as broccoli, peppers, onion, spinach, tomatoes – anything goes! Dice veggies.
- Warm your pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Turn your pan down to low heat. Add your eggs to the pan and sprinkle veggies and cheese if you like over the top.
- Once the eggs are in the pan, lightly stir the eggs and pulling them away from the sides to ensure evenly cooked eggs. Cook covered on very low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Once the omelet has finished cooking, fold in half or in thirds and ENJOY!
The Colorado Rockies are wrapping up Spring Training down in Scottsdale and are getting ready for their big season opener at Coors Field in just a couple of weeks. At the Original Pancake House, we’re getting excited for baseball season in Denver! So that got us to thinking – what do baseball players like to eat?
Baseball is a bit different than other professional sports in its approach to health and nutrition. Until very recently, baseball players were eating candy bars, hot dogs, and their fair share of beer after a game. Just in the past few years, baseball players and their respective clubs have started to put a much greater focus on nutrition and healthy choices that one might expect for professional athletes. Whereas a pre or post game spread used to consist of cheese and bologna sandwiches, fast food, and a few hot dogs, now the players are dining on salmon, veggies, and shrimp scampi. Gone are the sweets and processed foods, gone are the days of ball park fare!
With a focus on health and well-balanced meals, baseball players are also making healthy choices for their other meals, including breakfast. Many baseball players sleep in and enjoy a big breakfast after a late night at the park. But their breakfast is typically well-balanced with lean protein, fruits, veggies, and of course a few healthy carbs.
We’ve come up with a perfect breakfast for the professional (or little league!) baseball player. This meal has a perfect balance of protein, fruit, veggies, and carbs to fuel any position from pitcher to left field.
Colorado Rockies Veggie Omelet Platter
Serve Omelet with whole wheat toast or an English muffin and a side of fruit.
Of course if you are tired from extra innings in your game the previous night, the Original Pancake House would be happy to serve you an MLB-style breakfast in Denver. We have a great selection of veggie omelets including our Mediterranean Omelet, our Denver Omelet, the Fresh Vegetarian Omelet, or the Florentine Omelet. Best of luck to our Colorado Rockies in their upcoming season, and best of luck all our Denver little leaguers who dream of someday becoming one of the Rox!